Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Two Big B's

Anna [a fellow blogger, and also one of my favorite co-workers and companion when it comes to coffee breaks and the like] of the wonderful travel blog anemina.com has passed me a blog baton a couple of days ago. Now that I am back from my skiing trip to Flaine, France, I finally have the time (and feel the travel spirit again!!) to answer the 11 questions she asked. Merci beaucoup, Anna! 

1. What does adventure mean to you?
Snakes and spiders, sleeping in a dangerous environment - all this could mean adventure. But it hasn't to. In a positive sense, adventure means to me to overcome one's inhibitions and inner contraints - and feel pleasure and joy. Like somebody who used to be afraid of flying. Usually those adventures are calculable. There are also adventures which aren't intended. Like when you sleep in a US-motel in the middle of nowhere (many horror movies start like this, don't they?) and your phone rings at 4 am and an upset and almost crying voice asks you: "Did you just call because somebody has been shot in your room?". And your answer is "No" and the voice replies: "But somebody has just been shot in your room!". Then you hang up the phone with utter irritation you see a shadow standing in front of your door through the tiny gap on the bottom. True story. 

2. If you could chose any travel companion – who would you chose?
If time travel was possible I would choose Kurt Tucholsky as my travel companion. I would love to walk through the streets of Berlin and Paris in the 1920s with him. Luckily he left many texts about his city strolls so that at least I can follow him in my imagination. However, if Tucholsky wasn't available I would accept Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald or Ernest Hemingway as my travel companions (who would have guessed that Midnight in Paris is one of my favorite movies?) 

3. Is there a city or country you would never visit?
Ha! What a funny transition from the last question: I always said that I would never ever accept a proposal in Paris. Too cheesy, too unimaginative - like you have seen it a thousand times on TV. Nevertheless, for any other occasion I would love to got to Paris. I wouldn't participate in any "dark tourism": Like going to Chernobyl for fun (I just learned that there is also a movie about that theme: Chernobyl Diaries which supposedly is the most crappy horror movie I've ever heard of!).

4. Which means of transportation do you like most?
Plane. Period. 

5. Do you remember your first holiday fling?
Nope, never had one. Just had a Tunesian "suitor" for quite some time, we became pen pals. His name was Mohammed.

6. What is the most hideous souvenir you ever bought?
I seriously can't remember (I'm pretty good a suppressing embarressing stuff).

7. What is the most beautiful part of your hometown?
If by "hometown" you mean the place where my family lives:

If you mean what I call "home" - I would say everything. Just look at this city silhouette:


8. Is there anything you would never leave home without?
They key to my apartment. 

9. Who is the addressee of your postcards?
My grandma, my parents, my godmother, my friends. 

10. Beach or hillside?
Beach!

11. Why did you start blogging?
Because I needed space for "everything that doesn't fit into the narrowly spaced columns of a newspaper". Tagline stop. 

I'm passing this blog baton on to Wolfgang. Those are your questions:

1. Would you rather travel in space or time?
2. What was the most suprising thing you learned while travelling?
3. Is there a place you travelled to more than twice?
4. Which place you travelled to would qualify for moving there for good?
5. What food/beverage only tastes good while on vacation? 
6. What is the taste of travelling?
7. Do you feel pity for people who aren't interested in travelling?
8. What improvement would you like to invent to make travelling easier?
9. The most beautiful picture you ever shot?
10. The biggest mistake you ever made while travelling?
11. How do you decide where to go next?



No comments:

Post a Comment